“Characters in novels don’t practice trivial behaviors like picking up the mail unless it enhances the story’s plot line. We don’t include our hero’s choice of boxers over briefs (unless there’s a reason to mention it), but we do include the things that motivates or breaks them. Not all writers are sadists, just few of us. …
Tag: you flinch.” – Phyllis E. Davis
- Writing is Like Flying
- Time is My Own Illusion
- Today Was a Good Writing Day
- Writing is Freezing Time
- Not all Writers Are Sadists, Just Few of Us.
- The Muse, the Breeze and the Music
- The Flow of Good Dialogue
- Breathing Life Into my Characters
- I’ve Done Enough
- “Books Aren’t Written, They’re Rewritten.” Michael Crichton
- The Phoenix is my Spirit Animal
- The Brain Surgeon and the Author
- Literary Pilgrimage to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Grave Site
- Like Icarus, I Fell Broken From the Sky
- Writing Involves Risk
- Taking Diction from the Ethers
- Writing is Like Prostitution -I’ve become a slut for syntax.
- Writers Share a Secret
- Regrets Have More Power Than My Fears
- Are you a Starter or a Finisher?
"Books Aren't Written Are you a Starter or a Finisher? author Breathing Life Into my Characters I've Done Enough I Fell Broken From the Sky into the void Like Icarus Literary Pilgrimage to F. Scott Fitzgerald's Grave Site Nassim Nicholas Taleb power of regrets Regrets Have More Power Than My Fears Step out on the Ledge and Pirouette Just for Me Taking Diction from the Ethers The Blood on the Pages is Mine the Breeze and the Music The Flow of Good Dialogue The Muse The Phoenix is my Spirit Animal The Ruin of Charles Lynch They're Rewritten." Michael Crichton Time is My Own Illusion We want you to care so deeply that when they bleed Writers Share a Secret Writers Tend To Be Superstitious Writing Involves Risk Writing is Freezing Time Writing is Like Prostitution you flinch." - Phyllis E. Davis